Thursday, 10 September 2015

Tragedy: Trailer crushes 9-year-old girl in Onitsha


A Nine-year-old girl was yesterday crushed at Afor –Nkpo- New Tarzan axis, near Onitsha, Anambra State by a liquor haulage van, which injured 24 others.
The girl was said to be returning from an errand when she met her death as her body had been deposited at Eyi Enu Hospital Mortuary, Ogidi.
An eye witness said the lorry driver was shouting from afar to alert people that his breaks were faulty, only for the vehicle to slam into a spot where people were gathered, killing the girl on the spot.
The eyewitness said: “The driver could not control the situation and he immediately jumped out alongside the conductor. The lorry hit one L300 inside the waterway; smashed the little girl and rammed into a hair-dressing saloon.”
The lorry also trapped an aged man under its tyre, while the owner of the hair dressing saloon managed to run away, leaving her five-year-old child behind.
The lorry, with number plate XA424-AAH (Anambra) had full load of lager beer beverage at the time of the accident.
The eye witness said that the people around managed to pull the old man out of the tyre, with his legs shattered, while the five- year-old child was rescued unhurt.

Nigerian pornstar Afrocandy, has a new lover


Afrocandy 

A fan of US-based controversial Nigerian self acclaimed porn star and actress, Judith Mazagwu, popularly known as Afrocandy, Frank Anton Jr.  has confessed his undying love for the porn-star.The fan took to his Facebook page during the week to pour out his heart to the soft-porn actress.
“Judith Mazagwu a.k.a AfroCandy is the best woman I have ever met in my life. She is the proud mother of two beautiful daughters. She is a sharp independent business woman. She is a Nollywood screen star. She writes and produces her own Afro pop music. She is a great cook. And she is a tigress in bed. All you Haters and Bible thumpers are just jealous of her success.
I stand by her. Now. And forever. She is the love of my life. And I worship her and the ground she walks on. I love her madly. And always will. So Haters you all go to hell and leave her be,” Frank Anton Jr writes on his Facebook page. You can’t beat the feeling

Prophet conducts total sex deliverance for nurse in hotel


A prophet, Muyiwa Adesoye, has been accused of having carnal knowledge of an auxiliary nurse under the pretence that he wants to anoint her private part. It was gathered that Adesoye allegedly prophesied to the victim (name withheld) that she had spiritual husband who usually had sex with her in her dream, which had hindered her career progress.
Adesoye, who resides at Ikotun area, allegedly informed her that she needed to be delivered through prayers so that her future will be brighter stating that such prayer and deliverance would involve him having sex with her in order to anoint her private part.
Nigerian Tribune gathered that, Adesoye also told her that she would pay him N25, 000 for the prayers and warned her to do so to avoid further threat to her future. The victim accepted, paid the money and gave him her two phones and a gift.
It was further gathered that Adesoye took the young nurse to a popular hotel located at Abule Odu in Egbeda area and had sex with her several times and thereafter gave her a soap to use to take her bath daily.
After the victim, who was introduced to Adesoye by her friend realised that she had been duped, she told her parents what happened and the matter was reported to the police at Area ‘M’ Command, Idimu.
Adesoye was arrested and charged before an Ejigbo Magistrate court for obtaining sex, unlawful carnal knowledge under false pretence and stealing under the Criminal Code.
He pleaded not guilty and the presiding Magistrate, Mrs J. O. E. Adeyemi granted him bail in the sum of N100, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
The court ordered that one of the sureties must be a land owner and show affidavit of means.
He was remanded in prison custody at Kirikiri pending when he will perfect his bail condition.
The matter was adjourned till September, 21.
Source: Nigerian Tribune

We stopped airing P-Square music videos because of arrogance – Soundcity TV




P-Square 
Nigerian cable and terrestrial music channel, Soundcity, has cleared the air on why it stopped airing videos by Nigeria’s pop twins, P-Square, since January this year.
The television channel was responding to an outburst by Peter Okoye, one half of the group, to a fan on Twitter who had complained about the lack of P-Square videos on Soundcity TV.
“Don’t waste ur time dear… They will not play them … Pls keep watching Trace TV, Mtvbase, HipTv n Afropop. Thanks,” Peter Okoye had responded to the fan via his Twitter handle on Thursday.
But in a statement titled, “What has Soundcity ever done for P-Square?” the urban music channel said the decision to stop airing the pop duo’s music videos‎ was due to their failure to attend to one of their events, last year.
“For 10 years, @SoundcityTV has been a huge supporter of #PSquare brand, right from their 1st music video to the last video released in 2014. Most of their videos got massive airplay on @SoundcityTV than any other music channel,” the TV station said in the statement published on its website.
The statement noted that the station had assisted the P-Square brand, toured with them all over Africa at their own expense, given them ad-spots for their events as well as prime time slots for their videos.
“We invited #PSquare to one of our annual events last December 2014 and they insisted we pay a certain amount of money,” the statement continued.
“We reasonably asked, what is the least we can offer? This was us foregoing the fact that we had invested a lot in #PSquare’s career as music talents/artistes and entertainers.
“The feedback was ‘What has Soundcity ever done for P-Square? Tell me one thing Soundcity has ever done for PSquare’ (Jude Okoye, Manager).
“While we understand that this is business, there is also room for special consideration. Saying our TV brand has never done anything for #Psquare was quite damning. Clearly, there was no need to argue with their decision.
“We decided to stop doing anything with/for #PSquare, since our 10 years of supporting the group meant nothing to them. We assumed our relationship was a mutually beneficial one, but clearly one-sided.
“Ultimately, #PSquare music videos stopped airing on @SoundcityTV since January 01, 2015. Soundcity reserves the right to air music videos on our cable/satellite or terrestrial platforms.”

’54 million Nigerians are illiterates’



Of Nigeria’s 180 million people, the number of illiterate Nigerians is estimated at 54 million, revealed the Federal Government yesterday. The Acting Permanent Secretary, Federal
Ministry of Education, Hindatu Abdullahi, presented the figures at the flag-off of the 2015 International Literacy Day celebration, and called for concerted efforts to improve the negative trend. Recently, the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) announced that over 757 million adults worldwide still lacked basic literacy skills, with about two-third of them being women, mostly from Nigeria and other third- world countries. Director-General of UNESCO, Irina Bokova, in her message to mark the 2015 International Literacy Day, lamented that the number of out-of-school children and adolescents was on the rise, standing at 124 million worldwide. Nigeria, in 2000, joined other countries to commit to the six Education For All (EFA) goals and later the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which had 2015 as deadline for achieving their set targets. Also read: '54 percent of Nigerians are illiterates' 
“Regrettably, a global review of achievements and challenges of EFA since inception shows that some of the targets remain unattained, especially in many countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, including Nigeria,” said Abdullahi. According to her, the 2013/2014 Global Monitoring Report (GMR) showed that countries like Brazil, China, Indonesia have attained 90 per cent literacy rate, while Egypt and India had about 70†to 89 per cent. Nigeria, Bangladesh and Pakistan had literacy rate of less than 70 per cent. She noted that past governments generally gave more attention and resources to formal education programmes than the non-formal sub-sector, which accounted for a larger number of illiterate adults and out-of-school youths. Reacting to this, Ms Bokova called for more investment and effective policies to embed action for literacy within wider development policies. She also urged Nigeria authorities to  prioritise education, as this would bring about sustainable development across the country.